Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing
manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
We have recently moved operations into a newly renovated 300,000 sq. foot facility that will foster our continued growth as we continue to be recognized as the undisputed leader in our industry.
As a result of our continued growth, we are looking for a Production Scheduler
to join our growing team.
Role and Responsibilities
Global Power produces a wide variety of custom weld assemblies, fabricated metal buildings, and large complex assemblies of power equipment. Production Scheduler I will organize and disseminate information to achieve maximum efficiency in production activities.
- Compile information from a variety of sources into a master schedule.
- Improve communication methods and scheduling processes. Increase visibility of information to stakeholders on plant floor.
- Check progress of work on plant floor and report in master schedule.
- Assist in coordinating the flow of work and materials between departments.
- Evaluate ‘make-to-stock’ inventory and its impact on production.
- Closely track status details on ‘high profile’ jobs to ensure timely delivery.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
- Reports to Operations Manager, from within Production Control team.
- Analytical mindset; distill streams of information into useful, pertinent, actionable information for production supervisors. Astute attention to detail.
- Candidates must cooperatively function within a team of engineers & production personnel.
Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation between our two facilities (5 miles apart)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Relevant experience, or Associates/Bachelors Degree in; production planning, scheduling, project management, business administration, supply chain, or accounting.
- Familiarity with ERP or MRP systems, Project Management Tools, and Excel features such as tables, filters, and sorting. Familiarity with Smartsheet a plus.
- Verbal & written communication skills. Professional demeanor.
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.