(what you will be doing)
- Hands-on support of day-to-day production issues as well as mid & long-term continuous improvement (CI) team projects related to the production of engineered to order (ETO) products.
- Creation of standard operating procedures (SOP) capturing current production processes while implementing safety, ergonomic, and production rate improvements.
- Development, auditing, and continuous improvement of department quality and production goals while serving as a technical point of contact for supervisors and production operators.
- Opportunities for fixture design, capital equipment assessment, project scoping, team leadership, and more.
(what it takes to be successful)
- Ability to become intimately familiar with manufacturing processes. Desire to become a subject matter expert!
- Interested in working primarily in a hands-on, fast paced, production floor environment. Able to work on multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Work equally well alone or in a cross functional team with other Engineers, Safety, Quality Control, Purchasing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline or a related field of study.
Reports to Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.