Quality Inspector (Entry Level)
Global Power Components is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at this time we are unable to sponsor Visas.
Milwaukee, WI · Manufacturing
Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing
manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
We have recently moved operations into a newly renovated 300,000 sq. foot facility that will foster our continued growth as we continue to be recognized as the undisputed leaders in our industry.
Due to continued company growth, we are seeking a Entry Level 1st Shift Quality Inspector
for day-to-day inspection, documenting quality issues per our process and presenting data in a statistical format. This employee will receive extensive onsite job training the will lead to growth within the company.
The Quality Inspector
will work under the supervision of the Quality Manager
Breakdown of daily activities is generally as follows:
- 30% Part inspection (on manufacturing floor)
- 50% Enclosure/tank inspection (on manufacturing floor)
- 20% Processing and analysis of data
- Candidates should be aware that the majority of time will be spent on the manufacturing floor.
The position's main responsibility is inspection and documentation of parts and assemblies. Once the data is collected, it will be turned into reports that would be used to develop training and/or process improvement strategies. Secondary tasks could fill up all or part of a business day at times. These tasks could vary greatly in day-to-day activities. Examples could include discussing issues with engineers, calling vendors, updating SOP's, or addressing anything that is out of the ordinary or with which there is an issue.
*There will be a pre-employment test to determine aptitude in these items.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Ability to follow directions is extremely important and then to follow through in a timely, accurate manner
- Strong attention to detail is extremely important
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel (write reports in Word, create and use spreadsheets in Excel for analysis)
- Basic math skills necessary to include fractions and decimals*
- Ability to read and use a ruler*
- Strong ability in blueprint reading preferred but not required
- Possess mechanical ability/aptitude
- Prior experience using Pareto Charts preferred but not required
- Prior experience in quality assurance preferred but not required
- Engineering Technician experience very helpful but not required
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.