Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing
manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
Due to our growth we have an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Production Leader
with a broad manufacturing background to be able to assist in many areas of our shop floor.
Normal hours for this position are 3pm to 1am (or later as production needs dictate) Monday - Friday.
- Lead various teams throughout the manufacturing facility and have the ability to lead by example
- Assist with tasks as necessary to complete assignments
- Train and motivate staff to meet demanding manufacturing requirements and schedules
- May be asked to step in to any position, so should have variety of general manufacturing experience
- Test products/equipment for defects/malfunctions
- Work in a safe manner
- Communicate changes and updates to employees on processes and procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility on the shop floor for minimum of four (4) years
- Ability to measure, compare and make simple or complex shop calculations necessary to ensure products are in compliance with engineer or sales specifications using materials, methods and equipment generally found in a shop environment such as sanders, drills, air and electric hand cutting tools
- Previous experience working with and reading blueprints
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve a variety of situations on the shop floor
- Previous experience working with steel a plus
- Previous experience leading shop floor employees and motivating them to complete jobs in a timely manner and accurately to specifications
- Must be flexible to updated changes in production schedules
- Must be detail oriented to meet the needs of our customers
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.