Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing
manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
We have recently moved operations into a newly renovated 300,000 sq. foot facility that will foster our continued growth as we continue to be recognized as the undisputed leader in our industry.
As a result of our expansion and continued growth, we are looking for a motivated Buyer
to join our Purchasing team.
Global Power Components is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at this time we are unable to sponsor Visas.
This position will be responsible for purchasing and negotiating services, materials and supplies which will include, but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships
- Research current and potential new vendors
- Analyze market trends for pricing
- Ensure special order item accuracy per Engineering drawings
- Monitor critical path items and make necessary adjustments
- Ensuring incoming products meets GPC standards
- Ensure stock data/BOL accuracy
- Strong negotiation, decision making and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Purchasing related duties and responsibilities
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Experience working with Pareto Charts
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Epicor
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing organization
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.