Global Power Components is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, currently we are unable to sponsor Visas.
Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing
manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
In 2018 we moved operations into a newly renovated 300,000 sq. foot facility on 51st
Street that will foster our continued growth as we continue to be recognized as the undisputed leaders in our industry.
As a result of continued growth, we are looking for a Design Engineer
to join our Engineering team.
- Our Mechanical Design Engineers perform a wide variety of layout and detailed design related duties in support of quotations, orders and manufacturing related projects.
- This includes navigating all the issues that arise, developing corrective action and implementing solutions.
- Candidate should be self-directed, but able to work within a team environment. It is essential that one owns the tasks/projects assigned.
- Ensure that standard shop practices and capabilities meet the design requirements and are reflected in designs and drawings.
- Non Mechanical Design: Secondary tasks could fill up all or part of a business day. These tasks are not defined with limitations. They could range greatly in day to day activity.
- Examples would include making software troubleshooting calls, calling vendors, updating ECR's (Engineering Change Requests), contacting customers or addressing other duties as they arise.
- Work task balance is approximately 90% design and 10% special/other projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Must have high level of understanding of SOLIDWORKS and Excel (you will be required to complete a SOLIDWORKS assessment during the selection process)
- Experience in sheet metal design is desired
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Able to work in environment with changing priorities
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Design or related field desired
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.