Global Power Components is a privately held, growing manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
We have recently moved operations into a newly renovated 300,000 sq. foot facility that will foster our continued growth as we continue to be recognized as the undisputed leaders in our industry.
As a result of our expansion, we are looking for an Safety and Compliance Specialist to join our growing safety team.
Safety and Compliance
Ability to maintain good working relationships with the Production Department, Safety Team, Quality Team, HR and Upper Management is a MUST.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Help Maintain and Improve all Safety Compliance Systems, not Limited to:
- Operator training, forklift, overhead crane, aerial lifts, etc.
- Respirator Program
- Hazard Communication
- Safety Audits
- Machine Guarding
- General Safety Rules
- Assist with new hire safety training.
- Assist with periodic Environmental Compliance requirements.
- Assist with 3rd party inspections and Maintenance Programs
- Conduct facility safety audits (Walk-through’s)
- Provide and carry out corrective actions.
- Complete reports and verify corrective actions.
- Paint department audits/inventory
- PPE Assessments for each department
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures.
- Conduct toolbox meetings and learning opportunities for employees.
- Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Perform various duties in support of ongoing production processes as well as new processes, operation and facilities.
- Enforce safe behavior and workplace practices.
- Perform routine process audits, e.g., crane operations.
- Assist Safety Team to investigate incidents, accidents, and near misses.
- Coordinate Emergency Response activities (medical, fire, severe weather), including updating plans and leading drills.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and update compliance to OSHA regulations.
- Perform various duties in support of Safety Team and Management
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.