Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
We are seeking a 2nd Shift Laser Operator
who is dedicated, detail orientated and self-motivated as this position will be working with limited supervision. The hours are typically 3:30pm to 1am, Monday-Friday for 2nd Shift.
This position will require a minimum
of 45-50 hours per week and partial Saturdays when business needs dictate. Overtime is paid a time and a half for any time worked over 40 in a week.
- Operate an Amada Laser, Amada Automation & peripheral systems following standard operating procedures
- Perform operator level preventative maintenance – daily, weekly, monthly
- Load programs following a production schedule and maintain production documentation
- Conduct laser material handling - Load & unload steel, aluminum and other materials
- Assist in part break out and prototype work as necessary
- Communicate Laser status to Supervisors and Engineers
- Troubleshoot issues with Engineering
- Work in a safe manner and enforce all safety policies
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Computer literate
- Manufacturing experience
- Able to read blueprints
- Ability to learn to troubleshoot issues with the laser
- Must be highly motivated and well organized
- Able to communicate and work well with others
- Must pass competency test, and pre-employment physical including drug screen
- Must be flexible to updated changes in production schedules
- Crane and forklift experience preferred
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.