Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Assistant
prepares and reviews information for internal and external reports.
Time breakdown: 80% accounts payable, 20% general ledger, purchasing/receiving assistance, other projects.
Core Responsibilities: Accounts Payable
- Review vendor invoices to determine their purpose and code them accurately.
- Match and prepare A/P invoice documents for entry.
- Enter into Epicor in a timely manner.
- Analyze employee expense reports for proper documentation and enter.
Purchasing / Receiving Assistance:
- Prepare and organize documentation for fixed asset purchases.
- Prepare and review assigned general ledger account analyses monthly.
- Enter purchase order details with proper descriptions and account codes.
- Match and prepare invoice documents for Purchasing Manager final review.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as assigned.
- Organize and maintain document retention systems.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Able to perform basic mathematical functions in all units of measure.
- Able to read and interpret various accounting documents and reports such as accounts payable reports, invoices, bills of lading, packing slips, etc.
- Able to prepare basic spreadsheets in MS Excel using basic formula functions.
- Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to document new procedures and follow instructions consistently.
- Able to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Must be highly motivated.
- Able to communicate and work well with others.
- Must pass competency test and pre-employment physical including drug screen.
Associates degree is helpful and/or 2 plus years of experience. We are looking for a dedicated team member that is detail oriented and a core fit into the team - who can help make a positive difference.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.