Global Power Components
is a privately held, growing
manufacturer of UL heavy gauge steel fuel tanks, trailers, large generator enclosures and modular metal enclosures for housing fully-equipped electrical distribution and control equipment.
In 2018 we moved operations into a newly renovated 300,000 sq. foot facility on 51st
Street that will foster our continued growth as we continue to be recognized as the undisputed leaders in our industry.
Due to tremendous growth, we are seeking a Production Supervisor
with a broad manufacturing background to be able to assist in many areas of our shop floor.
- Lead various teams throughout the manufacturing facility and have the ability to lead by example
- Assist with tasks as necessary to complete assignments
- Train and motivate staff to meet demanding production requirements and schedules
- May be asked to step in to any position, so should have variety of general manufacturing experience
- Test products/equipment for defects/malfunctions
- Drive a culture of safety and accountability
- Communicate changes and updates to employees on processes and procedures
What's great about this job/Global Power Components:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing facility on the shop floor for minimum of four (5) years
- Leadership position for a minimum of two (2) years
- Ability to measure, compare and make simple or complex shop calculations necessary to ensure products are in compliance with engineer or sales specifications using materials, methods and equipment generally found in a shop environment such as sanders, drills, air and electric hand cutting tools
- Previous experience working with and reading blueprints
- Previous experience in crane operation
- Rigging experience
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve a variety of situations on the shop floor
- Previous experience working with steel and or aluminum
- Previous experience leading shop floor employees and motivating them to complete jobs in a timely manner and accurately to specifications
- Must be flexible to updated changes in production schedules
- Must be detail oriented to meet the needs of our customers
- Must be comfortable being in various areas of the production floor 100% of the time – this is NOT a desk job but a perfect position for someone who wants to get their hands dirty every day
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Mid-size, privately held organization
- Outstanding job security, 40+ hours a week, 52 weeks a year (most employees work an average of 50 hours a week) – in an organization that has been growing for years – and continues to do so
- OT paid over 40 hours
- Medical/Dental benefits eligible after 60-days
Global Power Components is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Global Power Components is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.